2 slices of plain yellow cake, day old - 3" x 3" x 1/2"1 square Ice cream square, 3" x 3"4 tbs or more Hot fudge, heatedWhipped creamMaraschino cherry, half - drainedYield: 1 ServingPREPARATION:1. Place one square of yellow cake on serving plate.2. Top with ice cream square and place second square of plain
yellow cake on top of the ice cream.3. Drizzle hot fudge over each of the four cake corners,
taking care to leave the center of the cake free from fudge.4. Place approximately 2 1/2 tablespoons of whipped cream in
the top center of the cake square.5. Top center of whipped cream with a well-drained maraschino
cherry half to garnish.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
4 oz or more Ham, Thinly Sliced
1 slice American Cheese - cut in half lengthwise
2 Tomato Slices
1 tbs Tartar Sauce
1 Sub or Twist Roll, sliced lengthwise
Yield: 1 serving
1. Spread both sides of sliced roll with softened butter or substitute.
2. Place the two halves of American cheese on bottom half of roll, covering as much of roll as possible.
3. Separate thinly sliced ham and place on top of cheese, covering as much of the cheese as possible
and fluffing to build full volume.
4. Place sandwich on grill with ham touching the surface of a grill or frying pan. Place top half of
roll on grill.
5. Heat until ham is hot.
6. Remove from heat and top ham with 2 slices of tomato. Cover with shredded lettuce.
7. Spread 1 tablespoon of tartar sauce on the top half of the grilled roll and place on top of