Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Debbi's BBQ Sauce

There are many sauces to compliment the "Pulled-Pork", wait a minute, my Dad was the first to open a Barbecue Restaurant in Greensboro back in the 30's and I've never heard that term until recently....isn't that a trip?
Moving along, there are many sauces out there...vinegar based, catsup based....and lord knows no telling what other kind, but my favorite is "MY SAUCE"! It has a hint of onion because I use my Juicer ...! So either use bottled onion juice or Juice an onion beforehand! I can remember my Dad cooking his barbecue sauce in a huge pot....and he floated lemons on top! You could smell the aroma throughout the kitchen of the restaurant and it would actually open your head up like a decongestant.... His sauce I can't share at this time, as it's a family secret, so mine will have to suffice, and it is pretty good, but not as good as his!

Deb's Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup bourbon
1/2 cup Catsup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 Onion - Juiced!
2 tbs Brown Sugar
1 tbs Worcestershire (whats that here) Sauce
Pinch of Red Pepper (or more, depends on you!)

Mix the ingredients in a saucepan and boil slowly for about 10-15 minutes.

That'll Do it!

No comments: