Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hellfire Potatoes

At the end of my Navy tour of duty in Hawaii, my ex-husband and I stopped off in Seattle Washington to visit my Italian in-laws. At the time I was 6 months pregnant with my first son and eager to eat food that did not contain rice, pineapple, or fish! It was very cold and rainy upon our arrival and the sudden change of climate really gave me the shivers. Mentioning that I was cold, the Italian Grandmother came to my rescue and immediately directed me to the dining room table. She brought me a plate of potatoes that smelled out of this world, a huge glass of milk and a small loaf of freshly baked Italian bread and said...Eat, this will be good for the baby! Not only did it chase away my shiver, but now I know why Italians have such fiery personalities and filled with such passion!

Hellfire Potatoes

6 diced potatoes
1/2 cup Oil
1/2 cup diced Jalopena Peppers
1/2 Tbs Minced Onion
serves 2

Heat oil in skillet, add potatoes, onions and peppers and saute until tender.
Serve with Freshly baked bread or rolls and plenty of Milk!

No comments: